Re: What do you want on Blu-Ray!

Postby Andrew Forbes » Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:13 am

Mad Max! October 5th.
Formerly chamucamel
Andrew Forbes
County Prosecutor

Postby Dan Mancini » Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:56 am

Andrew Forbes wrote:Mad Max! October 5th.

About damn time.
Dan Mancini
Chief Prosecutor

Postby J.M. Vargas » Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:19 am

"Lolita" and "Barry Lindon" sort-of confirmed for 2011: http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=5024
Sources from Warner Home Video have revealed to The Digital Bits that the studio is currently preparing Stanley Kubrick's Lolita and Barry Lyndon for Blu-ray release in 2011. They will probably be released both separately and also as part of a new Stanley Kubrick Blu-ray Collection box set.
'You can't make chicken salad out of chicken s***'
J.M. Vargas
County Prosecutor

Re: What do you whant on Blu-Ray!

Postby cdouglas » Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:30 pm

J.M. Vargas wrote:"Lolita" and "Barry Lindon" sort-of confirmed for 2011: http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=5024
Sources from Warner Home Video have revealed to The Digital Bits that the studio is currently preparing Stanley Kubrick's Lolita and Barry Lyndon for Blu-ray release in 2011. They will probably be released both separately and also as part of a new Stanley Kubrick Blu-ray Collection box set.

Cool! Here's hoping somebody gets around to releasing The Killing on Blu at some point, too.
cdouglas
Judge

Postby Andrew Forbes » Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:39 pm

cdouglas wrote:
J.M. Vargas wrote:"Lolita" and "Barry Lindon" sort-of confirmed for 2011: http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=5024

Cool! Here's hoping somebody gets around to releasing The Killing on Blu at some point, too.

I'd rather The Killers
Formerly chamucamel
Andrew Forbes
County Prosecutor

Postby Boba Fett » Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:24 pm

Andrew Forbes wrote:
cdouglas wrote:

I'd rather The Killers

I'd rather a proper release of "The Killer"
"I assure you, whatever the others promise to do, when it comes to the showdown, they won't be there."
Boba Fett
County Attorney

Postby J.M. Vargas » Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:57 am

NOVEMBER 30 (Source: http://www.thedigitalbits.com/#mytwocents)
...Disney has just officially confirmed the Blu-ray Disc release (and DVD re-release) of Fantasia and Fantasia 2000 on 11/30. You'll be able to buy a 4-Disc Blu-ray Special Edition (SRP $45.99) and a 2-Disc DVD Special Edition (SRP $39.99). Each will include both films. Let's start with the DVD, which will include Fantasia (fully restored) on one disc, and Fantasia 2000 on the other. Extras on the DVDs will include the Musicana and Disney Family Museum features, along with audio commentaries. Both of these discs will also be included in the 4-disc Blu-ray, which will add a Blu-ray version of each film. Exclusive features on these Blu-rays will include the Dali & Disney: A Date with Destino documentary, the long awaited Destino film itself, The Schultheis Notebook, Disney's Virtual Vault (BD-Live), an Interactive Art Gallery and DisneyView. The aspect ratio for Fantasia will be the original 1.33:1, while Fantasia 2000 will be 1.78:1. Audio on the Blu-rays will be in 7.1 DTS-HD Master Audio (48 KHz/24-bit), along with 5.1 DEHT tracks in French and Spanish. You'll get English SDH, as well as French and Spanish subtitles.
J.M. Vargas
County Prosecutor

Postby hoytereden » Sun Aug 29, 2010 3:24 pm

J.M. Vargas wrote:Image
...Disney has just officially confirmed the Blu-ray Disc release (and DVD re-release) of Fantasia and Fantasia 2000 on 11/30. You'll be able to buy a 4-Disc Blu-ray Special Edition (SRP $45.99) and a 2-Disc DVD Special Edition (SRP $39.99). Each will include both films. Let's start with the DVD, which will include Fantasia (fully restored) on one disc, and Fantasia 2000 on the other. Extras on the DVDs will include the Musicana and Disney Family Museum features, along with audio commentaries. Both of these discs will also be included in the 4-disc Blu-ray, which will add a Blu-ray version of each film. Exclusive features on these Blu-rays will include the Dali & Disney: A Date with Destino documentary, the long awaited Destino film itself, The Schultheis Notebook, Disney's Virtual Vault (BD-Live), an Interactive Art Gallery and DisneyView. The aspect ratio for Fantasia will be the original 1.33:1, while Fantasia 2000 will be 1.78:1. Audio on the Blu-rays will be in 7.1 DTS-HD Master Audio (48 KHz/24-bit), along with 5.1 DEHT tracks in French and Spanish. You'll get English SDH, as well as French and Spanish subtitles.

Just got finished pre-ordering this. :)
"You can lead a horse to water but a pencil must be lead"-Stan Laurel
Moe-"Were you scared?" Larry-"No, just apprehensive." Moe-"Apprehensive, that's a pretty big word.What's it mean?" Larry-"That's scared with a college education!"
hoytereden
County Attorney

Postby Boba Fett » Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:06 am

J.M. Vargas wrote:Image

S-O-L-D. SOLD.
"I assure you, whatever the others promise to do, when it comes to the showdown, they won't be there."
Boba Fett
County Attorney

Postby J.M. Vargas » Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:32 am

NOVEMBER 2nd: http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=5065
This 45th Anniversary Edition, "meticulously restored and remastered" with 7.1 DTS-HD Master Audio sound, will be presented in a three-disc (2 BDs, 1 DVD) combo edition, and also in an individually numbered Limited Collector's Set.

Special features include:
Audio commentaries with Julie Andrews, Christopher Plummer and director Robert Wise
Your Favorite Things: An Interactive Celebration — all-new immersive viewing experience with behind-the-scenes images, on-screen lyrics, trivia track and location quiz
Music Machine Sing-Along
BD-LIVE:
Live Lookup Powered by IMDb
Musical Stages: Creating The Sound of Music — all-new interactive "backlot tour" with in-depth featurettes on the songs, the stage show & movie, the film and sound restoration and the real-life von Trapp family
A City of Song — virtual map of filming locations in Salzburg, Austria
Vintage Rodgers & Hammerstein and The Sound of Music programs, including a parody with Carol Burnett and Julie Andrews, and an interview with the real Maria von Trapp on The Julie Andrews Hour
Rodgers & Hammerstein: The Sound of American Music, hosted by Mary Martin
Screen tests, rare treasures, interviews, photo galleries and more

The Limited Collector's set adds the following:
45th Anniversary soundtrack
100-Page "My Favorite Things" scrapbook
Snapshots from Salzburg
Reproduction of the original 1965 Souvenir program
Exclusive "My Favorite Things" Music Box with letter of authenticity
J.M. Vargas
County Prosecutor

Postby Andrew Forbes » Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:16 am

J.M. Vargas wrote:The Limited Collector's set adds the following:
Snapshots from Salzburg

They should include a blood glucose meter and a shot of insulin.
Formerly chamucamel
Andrew Forbes
County Prosecutor

Postby Steve T Power » Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:57 am

Andrew Forbes wrote:
J.M. Vargas wrote:The Limited Collector's set adds the following:
Snapshots from Salzburg

They should include a blood glucose meter and a shot of insulin.

goooooooooood niiiiiiiiiight.....
As the ancient Tibetan philosophy states:"Don't start none... won't be none...".
Steve T Power
Judge

Postby HGervais » Sun Sep 05, 2010 4:38 pm

Raising Arizona
The Abyss
Streets of Fire
Red, Blue, White
Cronenberg's Crash
Looney Tunes collections
Rear Window
"The most dementing of all modern sins: the inability to distinquish excellence from success."-David Hare
HGervais
Judge

Postby Steve T Power » Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:33 am

The Abyss on blu-ray would be a godsend... hell i'd settle for an anamorphic transfer.

Streets Of Fire - hell yes! The HD-DVD transfer was gorgeous.
As the ancient Tibetan philosophy states:"Don't start none... won't be none...".
Steve T Power
Judge

Postby HGervais » Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:17 pm

The unreleased 007 movies especially On Her Majesty's Secret Service!!!!!
"The most dementing of all modern sins: the inability to distinquish excellence from success."-David Hare
HGervais
Judge

New Lower MSRP for Warner Catalogue Titles!

Postby J.M. Vargas » Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:46 pm

JANUARY 11th, 2011: http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=5109

Warner Home Video has announced The Long Kiss Goodnight for January 11, 2011. This action movie from New Line Pictures, starring Geena Davis and Samuel L. Jackson, will be the first to carry the studio's "great new price for 2011!" of $19.98 (SRP), $5 less than the price that WHV had been applying to non-DigiBook catalog Blu-ray titles this year.

Special features include:
Vintage featurette: The Making of The Long Kiss Goodnight
Theatrical trailer
J.M. Vargas
County Prosecutor

Postby Steve T Power » Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:16 am

Oh hell yes!!!

We need an episode of Objection devoted to this one...
Steve T Power
Judge

Postby J.M. Vargas » Sun Sep 12, 2010 4:32 pm

"SPIDER-MAN 1 & 2" TO GET STAND-ALONE BLU-RAY RELEASES NOVEMBER 16th: http://www.sonypictures.com/homevideo/catalog/catalogDetail_DVD043396263680.html (there's a separate link to "Spider-Man 2" BD without extras to be released on the same date; I can't conceive of the first Spidey movie getting all its bonus features back and the sequel getting squat).
J.M. Vargas
County Prosecutor

Postby hoytereden » Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:04 pm

J.M. Vargas wrote:"SPIDER-MAN 1 & 2" TO GET STAND-ALONE BLU-RAY RELEASES NOVEMBER 16th: http://www.sonypictures.com/homevideo/catalog/catalogDetail_DVD043396263680.html (there's a separate link to "Spider-Man 2" BD without extras to be released on the same date; I can't conceive of the first Spidey movie getting all its bonus features back and the sequel getting squat).

Long overdue IMO.
Moe-"Were you scared?" Larry-"No, just apprehensive." Moe-"Apprehensive, that's a pretty big word.What's it mean?" Larry-"That's scared with a college education!"
hoytereden
County Attorney

Postby Steve T Power » Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:37 am

How about The Duellists? or 1492: Conquest of Paradise? Either of those would be awesome.
Steve T Power
Judge

Postby Gabriel Girard » Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:07 am

Candyman and Nightbreed
Gabriel Girard
County Attorney

Postby Mitchell Hattaway » Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:25 am

Steve T Power wrote:How about The Duellists? or 1492: Conquest of Paradise? Either of those would be awesome.

Don't forget White Squall. That old non-anamorphic DVD is a travesty. And speaking of DVD travesties, a Rob Roy BD would be nice.
Mitchell Hattaway
Judge (Retired)

Postby Dan Mancini » Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:13 am

True Lies

And as long as Lucas has seen fit to release THX 1138 on Blu, how 'bout American Graffiti?
Dan Mancini
Chief Prosecutor

Postby Andrew Forbes » Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:29 am

Sexy Beast
Munich
Play Dirty
The Grapes of Wrath
Alfie

And I'd take anything by Melville!
Formerly chamucamel
Andrew Forbes
County Prosecutor

Postby Steve T Power » Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:49 am

Mitchell Hattaway wrote:
Steve T Power wrote:How about The Duellists? or 1492: Conquest of Paradise? Either of those would be awesome.

Don't forget White Squall. That old non-anamorphic DVD is a travesty. And speaking of DVD travesties, a Rob Roy BD would be nice.

Dan Mancini wrote:True Lies

And as long as Lucas has seen fit to release THX 1138 on Blu, how 'bout American Graffiti?

Also, White Squall, Rob Roy, True Lies and American Graffiti. kthxbye.
Steve T Power
Judge

Postby OperaGal » Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:11 pm

Steve T Power wrote:Anyone remember the good 'ole days, when we had lists as long as our arms of titles we wanted to see on DVD?

Yeah and now am kicking myself for DVDs that I bought last year that are now being released on Blu-ray...grrr!
Anyhoo, became a Blu-Ray player owner of recent... and there's so many good upcoming releases:

Metropolis
Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
Back to the Future trilogy
Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory

(also, I noticed that 'Willy Wonka' is being released again and there was a Blu-Ray Book last year - what's the difference?)
:?
"Jaws was never my scene - And I don't like Star Wars" ;p
OperaGal
Paralegal

Postby Dimwitted » Sun Oct 17, 2010 3:08 pm

[quote/]="(also, I noticed that 'Willy Wonka' is being released again and there was a Blu-Ray Book last year - what's the difference?)
:?[/quote]

What gives? Are there that many screwed up releases that they have to keep releasing them? Or has everyone turned into Anchor Bay? It's aggravating. Just had an interesting talk with my friendly local BR dealer about the poor transfer of Psycho. It still has a lot of dirt and scratches in the print and the packaging is pedestrian. He's convinced that there's a doubledip coming and probably soon.
Dimwitted
City Prosecutor

Postby OperaGal » Sun Oct 17, 2010 4:03 pm

Dimwitted wrote:Just had an interesting talk with my friendly local BR dealer about the poor transfer of Psycho. It still has a lot of dirt and scratches in the print and the packaging is pedestrian. He's convinced that there's a doubledip coming and probably soon.

Well that's a bit discouraging! Been rather excited about Psycho being on Blu-Ray, since for some strange reason I don't have the DVD...
perhaps most likely cos I'd got Psycho 1-3 on VHS just 10 years ago. :shock:

When I checked it out on Amazon a while ago, appears that they're making a big deal of it. Wow, 50th anniv. edition!
I got such a long blu-ray list going now, I may hold off on it. Then all those special features are tempting...
;-)
OperaGal
Paralegal

Postby J.M. Vargas » Sun Oct 17, 2010 4:33 pm

Andrew Forbes wrote:And I'd take anything by Melville!

DONE (January):
J.M. Vargas
County Prosecutor

Postby OperaGal » Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:46 pm

J.M. Vargas wrote:I know we're not supposed to piss on Blu-ray hospitality, but REALLY??!!-http://www.amazon.com/Troll-2-Blu-ray-Michael-Stephenson/dp/B003ZD9E24/ref=sr_1_9?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1281653553&sr=1-9

Ha! I just saw this at Wal-mart last week. Did a double take walking down the aisle, then was completely baffled... :o
I've no interest in Troll 2, but why would the sequel be released and not the first movie? (liked that one as a kid)

D'OH!, more Blu-rays have caught my eye...

Santa Claus: the Movie
Sound of Music
Fantasia
Modern times

8)
OperaGal
Paralegal

Postby J.M. Vargas » Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:24 pm

Gabriel Girard wrote:Network

DONE (2/15/11, along with All The President's Men Digipak): http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?p=19386702#post19386702
NETWORK: Newscaster Howard Beale has a message for those who package reports of cute puppies, movie premieres and fender benders as hard news: “I’m as mad as hell, and I’m not going to take this anymore.” Sidney Lumet directs Paddy Chayefsky’s satire about the things people do for love…and ratings. Faye Dunaway plays a TV exec guarding ratings like a tigress protecting her cubs; Peter Finch’s airwave rants become a phenomenon and William Holden, Robert Duvall and Beatrice Straight add to the fierce vitality.

Special Features:
· The Making of Network 6-Part Documentary: Tune in to How a Movie Landmark Caught Media Lightning, with Sidebars on Paddy Chayefsky, Getting Mad As Hell and Walter Cronkite’s Reflections
· Vintage Paddy Chayefsky Interview Excerpt from Dinah!, Hosted by Dinah Shore
· Commentary by Director Sidney Lumet
· Private Screenings with Sidney Lumet: Turner Classic Movies Host Robert Osborne Interviews the Director

ALL THE PRESIDENT’S MEN: In the Watergate Building, lights go on and four burglars are caught in the act. That night triggered revelations that will drive a U.S. President from office. Washington Post reporters Bob Woodward (Robert Redford) and Carl Bernstein (Dustin Hoffman) grabbed the story and stayed with it through doubts, denials and discouragement. Directed by Alan J. Pakula and based on the Woodward/Bernstein book, the film explores a working newspaper, where the mission is to get the story – and get it right.

Special Features:

· Telling the Truth About Lies: The Making of All the President’s Men
· Woodward and Bernstein: Lighting the Fire
· Out of the Shadows: The Man Who Was Deep Throat
· Commentary by Robert Redford
· Vintage Featurette Pressure and the Press: The Making of All the President’s Men
· Vintage Jason Robards Interview Excerpt from Dinah!
· Alan J. Pakula Thrillers Trailer Gallery

Howard Beale coming at 'ya in high-def! :)
J.M. Vargas
County Prosecutor

Postby J.M. Vargas » Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:33 pm

Rob Roy, January 11th. Fitting this would come to the US a few months after "Braveheart." ;-)
J.M. Vargas
County Prosecutor

Postby Andrew Forbes » Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:04 pm

J.M. Vargas wrote:Rob Roy, January 11th. Fitting this would come to the US a few months after "Braveheart." ;-)

Yes. I've been waiting to see this in a decent transfer.
Formerly chamucamel
Andrew Forbes
County Prosecutor

Postby J.M. Vargas » Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:37 pm

STEVEN SPIELBERG'S A.I. ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE: 10th ANNIVERSARY EDITION coming FEBRUARY 15th:
A.I. on Blu-ray will be presented in its original aspect ratio in 1080p video as well as 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio. Bonus features will include a slew of featurettes: Creating A.I.; Acting A.I.; Designing A.I.; Lighting A.I.; A.I./FX; The Robots of A.I.; Special Visual Effects and Animation: ILM; The Sound and Music of A.I.l; and Closing: Steven Spielberg: Our Responsibility to Artificial Intelligence. Also included are two theatrical trailers in HD as well as the A.I. Archives.
J.M. Vargas
County Prosecutor

Postby Dimwitted » Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:34 pm

Ha! I just saw this at Wal-mart last week. Did a double take walking down the aisle, then was completely baffled... :o
I've no interest in Troll 2, but why would the sequel be released and not the first movie? (liked that one as a kid)

The whole Troll thing is because of "Best Worst Movie". Everyone wants to see the thing after watching the doc, I guess.
Dimwitted
City Prosecutor

Re: New Lower MSRP for Warner Catalogue Titles!

Postby J.M. Vargas » Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:15 am

FEBRUARY 8th, 2011: http://www.highdefdigest.com/news/show/MGMUA/Disc_Announcements___/Thelma__Louise_20th_Anniversary_Edition_Dated_for_Blu-ray/6013

SEVERIN bringing out Richard Rush's THE STUNT MAN sometime in 2011: http://twitchfilm.com/news/2010/11/video-home-invasion-severin-films-future-plans-reach-oz-and-beyond.php (scroll down to the very bottom)
J.M. Vargas
County Prosecutor

Postby Steve T Power » Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:19 am

WOO!
Steve T Power
Judge

Postby Burson_Fouch » Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:02 pm

J.M. Vargas wrote:STEVEN SPIELBERG'S A.I. ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE: 10th ANNIVERSARY EDITION coming FEBRUARY 15th:
A.I. on Blu-ray will be presented in its original aspect ratio in 1080p video as well as 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio. Bonus features will include a slew of featurettes: Creating A.I.; Acting A.I.; Designing A.I.; Lighting A.I.; A.I./FX; The Robots of A.I.; Special Visual Effects and Animation: ILM; The Sound and Music of A.I.l; and Closing: Steven Spielberg: Our Responsibility to Artificial Intelligence. Also included are two theatrical trailers in HD as well as the A.I. Archives.

Doesn't answer the most pressing feature...does it allow you erase the exitence of the final 20 minutes of the theatrical release.
We intend to destroy all dogmatic verbal systems
W.S. Burroughs
Burson_Fouch
City Attorney

Postby hoytereden » Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:46 pm

Sure would like to see The X-Files on Blu
hoytereden
County Attorney

Postby Dan Mancini » Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:50 am

Burson_Fouch wrote:
J.M. Vargas wrote:STEVEN SPIELBERG'S A.I. ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE: 10th ANNIVERSARY EDITION coming FEBRUARY 15th:

Doesn't answer the most pressing feature...does it allow you erase the exitence of the final 20 minutes of the theatrical release.

Even more important, it doesn't explain why we're getting this instead of Jaws or Raiders of the Lost Ark or Jurassic Park. You know, a good Spielberg flick. I swear, if I read an announcement of a BD release of Hook, I will cut a bitch.
Dan Mancini
Chief Prosecutor

Postby Gabriel Girard » Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:38 pm

Pink Floyd The Wall
Gabriel Girard
County Attorney

Postby Attrage » Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:47 am

Apologies if this has been mentioned here already (this is a LONG thread!) but I would really, really like to see Empire of the Sun released on Blu Ray.
Don't worry darling, its just a hat, belonging to a small man of limited means who lost a fight with a chicken!
Attrage
City Attorney

Postby Steve T Power » Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:00 am

AI: Artificial Intelligence Has been pushed back to April.
Steve T Power
Judge

Postby hoytereden » Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:55 pm

After watching quite a bit of the beautiful Blu-ray edition of The Twilight Zone it sure would be nice if The Outer Limits would get a Hi-Def release. Here's hoping.
hoytereden
County Attorney

Postby J.M. Vargas » Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:10 pm

J.M. Vargas
County Prosecutor

Postby HGervais » Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:35 pm

From The Digital Bits:
In other news, Remember how we first revealed last year that Fox is preparing to release James Cameron's The Abyss and True Lies on Blu-ray? More confirmation has arrived in the Norwegian magazine Release.no's latest interview with Vincent Marcias from 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment (marketing), which indicates that both titles are expected to be released in 2011. By the way, the text also apparently indicates that the Star Wars Blu-rays will include "only the latest special edition" versions. Don't kill the messenger. You can read the magazine here (see page 8).
HGervais
Judge

Postby Steve T Power » Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:26 pm

I just wet myself!
Steve T Power
Judge

Postby Andrew Forbes » Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:52 pm

Steve T Power wrote:I just wet myself!

I thought this looked like your work.
Formerly chamucamel
Andrew Forbes
County Prosecutor

Postby Dimwitted » Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:12 pm

Tues has brought us the release of North by Northwest. I'm still on the fence with this but it's certainly closer than it was before with the digibook. $40 for Hitch is pricy. $22 in a regular case seems to be the better deal.
Dimwitted
City Prosecutor

PreviousNext

Return to Blu-ray