Big MST3K News

Upcoming DVD Release news, your reviews, your collections, bargain hunting

Big MST3K News

Postby Kenneth Morgan » Thu Nov 25, 2010 3:02 pm

"Satellite News" is reporting today that an upcoming MST box set from Shout Factory will include all five of the Gamera episodes. Here's the story: http://www.mst3kinfo.com/?p=8126#comments.

It would seem that nothing is impossible...
-30-
Kenneth Morgan
City Prosecutor

Re: Big MST3K News

Postby erich » Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:37 am

Awesome!
Candy Bar Drive Thru
Short and Sweet. Sketch Comedy Podcast.
erich
Judge

Postby Dave Ryan » Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:19 am

I think Sandy Frank is, or was, or may still be, in the process of a messy divorce proceeding..... so he may no longer have personal control over some or all of the rights to those films. We can hope....

(For those who are not in the MST3K behind-the-scenes know: Sandy Frank is the US producer whose company bought the US rights to many B-level Japanese films/TV shows and repackaged them for the US market. Many of them wound up on MST3k. They mocked him repeatedly on the show. He didn't like it, and once Comedy Central's rights to the underlying movies expired, he swore that he wouldn't give the MST3K peeps any opportunity to license the films again.)
"Your average Russki doesn't take a dump without a plan, son."
Dave Ryan
Judge

Postby ccb » Sat Jan 01, 2011 10:11 pm

Dave Ryan wrote:I think Sandy Frank is, or was, or may still be, in the process of a messy divorce proceeding..... so he may no longer have personal control over some or all of the rights to those films. We can hope....
Oh wow, hoping for Fugitive Alien!
When I find myself in times of trouble, I say 'boy, you gotta carry that weight.' I am he, you are he, you are me, we are all together, speaking words of wisdom. Come together, right now. Amen.
ccb
City Prosecutor

Return to DVD