Charlie Sheen

Current or vintage, broadcast, internet, cable, or satellite

Charlie Sheen

Postby Attrage » Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:29 am

I'm posting this in Television because the guy long ago gave up the right to call himself a "movie star". What's up with this guy? Is it a real schizoid break from reality here, or are we talking a Joaquin Phoenix-type fake breakdown...? Thoughts?
Don't worry darling, its just a hat, belonging to a small man of limited means who lost a fight with a chicken!
Attrage
City Attorney

Re: Charlie Sheen

Postby HGervais » Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:12 am

I'm not sure and I'm pretty sure I don't care what the reasons are behind his on-going series of meltdowns....I don't know that anyone starts out doing something where the endgame is that person getting separated from a couple of million dollars an episode. What I will say is based on this Funny or Die sketch he is self-aware enough to turn his own excessive quirks into some comedy gold. NSFW everyone. "Like some rock star Vatican assassin" totally cracks me up.
"The most dementing of all modern sins: the inability to distinquish excellence from success."-David Hare
HGervais
Judge

Postby Burson_Fouch » Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:35 am

From all reports he's a drug addict who's abusing cocaine to the nth degree.

Extreme cocaine addiction has been known to cause delusions of paranoia and grandeur, leading to a mighty crash as the addict self destructs.

I feel sorry for the kids and his immediate family.
We intend to destroy all dogmatic verbal systems
W.S. Burroughs
Burson_Fouch
City Attorney

Postby molly1216 » Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:42 pm

my thoughts are that this thread should not only be locked, but deleted.
"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?" - Douglas Adams
molly1216
County Prosecutor

Postby Attrage » Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:48 am

molly1216 wrote:my thoughts are that this thread should not only be locked, but deleted.

Why is that? I don't think the post I began this with above is in any way offensive. I think it's a bit of a shame that Charlie Sheen started out like he was actually trying to follow in his father's footsteps and be a serious actor, worthy of respect and admiration, with films like Platoon and Wall Street. But unfortunately he seems to have chosen to piss it all away and not be famous and successful because he's a good actor, but be famous and rich because he's "Charlie Sheen". I was genuinely interested in what others on these boards thought about it. I very nearly gave up on these f*cking internet forums in general because I got sick and tired of a hard-core group of "owner posters" constantly telling me what I could and couldn't write about. Until now, I was pretty certain I'd found one that I could be part of. Forgive me if I have mis-read what you said in your post. I'm just a tad drunk and running off at the mouth, but even stone cold sober I have a nasty habit of telling the truth all the time and wearing my heart on my sleeve....anyway...
Don't worry darling, its just a hat, belonging to a small man of limited means who lost a fight with a chicken!
Attrage
City Attorney

Postby molly1216 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:47 am

Attrage wrote:
molly1216 wrote:my thoughts are that this thread should not only be locked, but deleted.

Why is that? I don't think the post I began this with above is in any way offensive.

it doesn't have to be either, merely pointless and sadly inappropriate.
any conversation about the situation is more white noise the universe doesn't need.
as a people we have probably moved past voyeurism into schadenfreude, i don't think we should contribute to it.
as trivial as most of our conversations are, i'd like to think that they are above this level.
"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?" - Douglas Adams
molly1216
County Prosecutor

Postby the5thghostbuster » Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:39 pm

molly1216 wrote:
Attrage wrote:

Why is that? I don't think the post I began this with above is in any way offensive.

it doesn't have to be either, merely pointless and sadly inappropriate.
any conversation about the situation is more white noise the universe doesn't need.
as a people we have probably moved past voyeurism into schadenfreude, i don't think we should contribute to it.
as trivial as most of our conversations are, i'd like to think that they are above this level.

Putting aside what you see as trivial or what level you believe this thread is at, it is not breaking any forum rules as of yet. As such, do what I do when I see threads like this: ignore it. Believe me, in the long run it will save yourself and others much grief over discussing a point that you will never agree on.
the5thghostbuster
County Attorney

Postby HGervais » Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:46 pm

It's on topic, so it is a-okay as far as I'm concerned. And yeah, the best advice really is if you have no interest in a topic, then ignore it.
"The most dementing of all modern sins: the inability to distinquish excellence from success."-David Hare
HGervais
Judge

Postby Steve T Power » Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:03 pm

I think the majority of the guys problems stem from the fact that he is in fact sober... for the first time in decades... And his mind has no idea how to handle it.
As the ancient Tibetan philosophy states:"Don't start none... won't be none...".
Steve T Power
Judge

Postby Ptolemy » Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:22 pm

Elvis Presley was a model citizen. I've compiled a list of his traits for you to practice. Number one...is dancing!
Ptolemy
City Attorney

Postby mkiker2089 » Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:12 pm

Steve T Power wrote:I think the majority of the guys problems stem from the fact that he is in fact sober... for the first time in decades... And his mind has no idea how to handle it.

I don't know much about addiction personally but I have known people who I swear had brain damage from drug abuse. Others however seem fine years after kicking the habit. One co-worker was always said to have "smoked himself to retardation."

It doesn't exactly seem like Sheen has brain damage though. Is it more like he has no self identity beyond the addictions and the fame.

The saddest part is that if he continues his lifestyle he'll be flat broke in a year.
-Marshall-
Nun sacciu, nun vidi, nun ceru e si ceru durmiv.
I know nothing, I see nothing, I wasn't there,
and if I was there, I was asleep.
mkiker2089
County Attorney

Postby HGervais » Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:32 am

CBS Chief wants to bring Sheen back. Well of course he does. TV's number one show is not an easy thing to replace. Keep popping the corn 'cause this continues to be interesting.
HGervais
Judge

Return to Television