Season and Series Finales!

Current or vintage, broadcast, internet, cable, or satellite

Season and Series Finales!

Postby Dunnyman » Tue May 17, 2011 1:48 am

OK, up first is Smallville and boy, they give us the goods as Clark finally becomes who he's supposed to be, and he does it in spectacular fashion! All kinds of people stop by for the finale, including Lex, who is as rotten and horrible as ever (but still incredibly well dressed). I think they tried to put too much into a two hour episode as Darkseid didn't get quite the battle and send off I was hoping for, nor did the whole Omega/everybody gets evil thing get resolved the way I wanted, but we do get the coolest shot of Welling at the end. I'll give it an A-.
Then I just finished up one truly riveting hour of Castle, where much of the mystery surrounding Beckett's mother's death is resolved, plus we get a courtroom shootout, a traitor revealed, a great deal of their relationship is thrown on the table and one incredibly cruel cliffhanger which I will punch creator Andrew Marlowe for if I ever meet him. September is too damn far away!!!!!!
Last week saw the finale and end of Outsourced, which had become a favorite, but we're treated to a great finish as Todd and Asha finally start to figure things out and Rajiv manages to get married without too many things going wrong, other than his bride and her father walking in on the bachelor party, which is not a part of the standard Indian wedding and some good laughs are had. Also said goodbye to Better With You as they comically try to get married as Mia has the baby, including kidnapping a judge in for surgery ("Are you really a plainclothes nurse, or is there even such a thing?") to perform the ceremony as chaos ensues. They might have cancelled it, however, I'll never miss anything that Jennifer Finnigan is in EVER, and I'll stand by my prediction of Jake Lacey becoming a star, the guy has too much charisma and charm to not be, it's just a matter of finding the right role for him.
"I ain't a boy, no I'm a man, and I believe in the Promised Land"
-Coming to the USA on January 20, 2009!
Dunnyman
County Attorney

Re: Season and Series Finales!

Postby Mach6 » Tue May 17, 2011 2:32 pm

Amen on Smallville, Dunnyman. I was a little disappointed we got CGI Superman instead of Welling in the classic suit but it was still Supes flying & saving Lois & the entire world like only he could. About the quick Darkseid/Supes battle, I’ve gotten used to the fact that there can’t be those big epic battles due to the limits of a CW TV budget. Besides, Darkseid’s planet of doom heading towards Earth was the main threat. The cameos of O’Toole, Schneider, Rosenbaum, Ashmore, Stamp, & Glover were handled very well. Rosenbaum didn’t miss a beat & I only wish his Lex Luthor could be in Snyder’s reboot. It was also a nice touch to have Papa Kent present the suit to Clark. The final shot of the “S” with John Williams’ iconic score (which still gives me chills) was the perfect way to end it.

Chuck: It was classic Chuck & talk about a lot of stuff happening in an hour. Chuck & Sarah finally tie the knot; Timothy Dalton’s Volkoff gets some redemption (Damn, was Dalton entertaining as hell), Chuck’s crew becoming freelancers & the intersect twist gives me enough reason to follow it to Fridays next season.
Mach6
City Attorney

Postby HGervais » Tue May 17, 2011 3:35 pm

Mach6 wrote:Chuck: It was classic Chuck & talk about a lot of stuff happening in an hour. Chuck & Sarah finally tie the knot; Timothy Dalton’s Volkoff gets some redemption (Damn, was Dalton entertaining as hell), Chuck’s crew becoming freelancers & the intersect twist gives me enough reason to follow it to Fridays next season.

Agreed. It was everything that Chuck does well on amble display. The only quibble I had was it seemed like the wedding was rushed but yeah, they had a lot to pack in for 45 minutes of running time. Love the A-Team aspect of next year and I like I might kind of love the idea of Morgan as the Intersect. The show has been building the idea of Chuck being a great spy w/o needed the Intersect for some time now and this gives the show a chance to show that...but it was mentioned Chuck's Intersect was being suppressed....so who knows? Anyway...see you in the fall Chuck.
"The most dementing of all modern sins: the inability to distinquish excellence from success."-David Hare
HGervais
Judge

Postby Jim_Thomas » Fri May 27, 2011 1:27 pm

Castle was great.

Chuck was pretty good.

Smallville was a steaming pile. Talk talk talk, blah blah blah. Two hours that reminded me why I stopped watching six years ago. Two hours of Clark getting pep talk after pep talk after pep talk, finally realizing that he can fly, what only six seasons AFTER the first time he flew? I did like the use of John Williams Superman theme at the end, but the last shot was directed like it was a perfume commercial rather than an apotheosis.
Jim_Thomas
Judge

Postby stypee » Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:01 pm

Stop your moaning..

I'm so done with Series Finales after what they did on Dawson's Creek it was just an emotional tragedy for me that took years to get over. How the hell could Pacey possibly end up with Joey? I dedicated many years to that dam show, even when I missed an episode I'd scour the internet and ask people for video tape copies so I didn't miss a single week... and look what happens!

and now she ends up with Tom Cruise.

What the hell?
It's not as though I really need you, if you were here I'd only bleed you..
-jonathen michael stipe

stypee
City Prosecutor

Return to Television