A Blu-ray trilogy 65 million years in the making...

The wonderful world of high-def

A Blu-ray trilogy 65 million years in the making...

Postby J.M. Vargas » Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:07 pm

...coming this Fall: http://www.zonadvd.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=21256. No word yet on whether these will be sold separately (yeah right).

Looks like I'll have a used-but-working new set of beverage coasters in use later this year. "Jurassic Park" is probably the biggest and most popular movie stuck with one of the softest and underwhelming DVD's of the last decade, though at least it's in the correct AR.
'You can't make chicken salad out of chicken s***'
J.M. Vargas
County Prosecutor

Re: A Blu-ray trilogy 65 million years in the making...

Postby JoshRode » Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:27 pm

Never did see the last one. Pity, 'cause I really like William H. Macy.
I'm just a horse, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love me.
- Andrew Forbes
JoshRode
City Attorney

Postby Andrew Forbes » Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:56 am

JoshRode wrote:Never did see the last one. Pity, 'cause I really like William H. Macy.

Don't lose sleep over it.
Formerly chamucamel
Andrew Forbes
County Prosecutor

Postby LarryLockyer » Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:10 pm

Spielberg Confirms Jaws Blu-ray is on the Way
Posted June 4, 2011 12:25 AM by Matthew Smith

In an interview with Ain't It Cool News, Steven Spielberg confirmed that work on the Blu-ray edition of his 1975 thriller Jaws has already begun.

When asked if a Jaws Blu-ray was on the horizon, the director responded, "Yes, there is. Yes, there is. I've already seen some of it. I don't have a date yet, but there's a Blu-ray absolutely in the works."

While it could have been predicted that Universal is prepping the Blu-ray of such an iconic film, Spielberg's reversal on his stance towards digital alterations to his past work comes as more of a surprise. According to the interview, Spielberg stated:

"(In the future) there's going to be no more digital enhancements or digital additions to anything based on any film I direct. I'm not going to do any corrections digitally to even wires that show... If 1941 comes on Blu-ray I'm not going to go back and take the wires out because the Blu-ray will bring the wires out that are guiding the airplane down Hollywood Blvd. At this point right now I think letting movies exist in the era, with all the flaws and all of the flourishes, is a wonderful way to mark time and mark history."
LarryLockyer
Paralegal

Postby Dunnyman » Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:23 pm

Andrew Forbes wrote:
JoshRode wrote:Never did see the last one. Pity, 'cause I really like William H. Macy.

Hey now, I thought he was the best part of it other than the new monster dino that ate a bunch of stuff.

Hopefully we'll get a boatload of extras. I got one of the last "extra loaded" VHS's of the second movie with a bunch of stuff. It'd be nice to see the trilogy get all the goods.
"I ain't a boy, no I'm a man, and I believe in the Promised Land"
-Coming to the USA on January 20, 2009!
Dunnyman
County Attorney

Postby Dan Mancini » Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:17 am

Dunnyman wrote:
Andrew Forbes wrote:

Hey now, I thought he was the best part of it other than the new monster dino that ate a bunch of stuff.

Hopefully we'll get a boatload of extras. I got one of the last "extra loaded" VHS's of the second movie with a bunch of stuff. It'd be nice to see the trilogy get all the goods.

I'll take the third one over the second any day. Lost World was a steaming pile of ass.
Dan Mancini
Chief Prosecutor

Postby stypee » Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:18 am

Even with the first film being made so many years ago (and I'm not making a pun for 65 million years) I still consider Jurassic Park and T2 the best CGI ever made. Nothing has EVER come close to these flicks.. Just my opinion.
It's not as though I really need you, if you were here I'd only bleed you..
-jonathen michael stipe

stypee
City Prosecutor

Return to Blu-ray