Buying Thread June 2011

Upcoming DVD Release news, your reviews, your collections, bargain hunting

Re: Buying Thread June 2011

Postby JoshRode » Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:04 am

HGervais wrote:
Andrew Forbes wrote:
HGervais wrote:Picking up and putting down Kiss Me Deadly several times today. This whole holding off on picking up Criterions until the start of the July B&N sale is driving me a little crazy.

Buy it. Buy it. Buy it. Buy it.

Actually, ask yourself if you'll watch it before the sale, and let that determine whether or not you buy.

Having said that, buy it.

Oh I will but 18 bucks is a lot more attractive than 40 bucks. I know Kiss Me Deadly. I love Kiss Me Deadly. I can wait a few weeks....it's just not something that I'm used to.


It's good to fight against our society's impulse for instant gratification. Kudos to you.

On the other hand, what's twenty-two bucks in the face of eternity? Buy it.
I'm just a horse, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love me.
- Andrew Forbes
User avatar
JoshRode
City Attorney
 
Posts: 156
Joined: Sun May 22, 2011 5:13 pm

Re: Buying Thread June 2011

Postby HGervais » Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:32 pm

JoshRode wrote:
HGervais wrote:
Andrew Forbes wrote:
HGervais wrote:Picking up and putting down Kiss Me Deadly several times today. This whole holding off on picking up Criterions until the start of the July B&N sale is driving me a little crazy.

Buy it. Buy it. Buy it. Buy it.

Actually, ask yourself if you'll watch it before the sale, and let that determine whether or not you buy.

Having said that, buy it.

Oh I will but 18 bucks is a lot more attractive than 40 bucks. I know Kiss Me Deadly. I love Kiss Me Deadly. I can wait a few weeks....it's just not something that I'm used to.


It's good to fight against our society's impulse for instant gratification. Kudos to you.

On the other hand, what's twenty-two bucks in the face of eternity? Buy it.

22 bucks means I can buy the Criterion blu-ray of Naked along with it.
"The most dementing of all modern sins: the inability to distinquish excellence from success."-David Hare
User avatar
HGervais
Judge
 
Posts: 4725
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:14 am
Location: Greater New Orleans

Re: Buying Thread June 2011

Postby JoshRode » Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:24 pm

HGervais wrote:
JoshRode wrote:
HGervais wrote:
Andrew Forbes wrote:
HGervais wrote:Picking up and putting down Kiss Me Deadly several times today. This whole holding off on picking up Criterions until the start of the July B&N sale is driving me a little crazy.

Buy it. Buy it. Buy it. Buy it.

Actually, ask yourself if you'll watch it before the sale, and let that determine whether or not you buy.

Having said that, buy it.

Oh I will but 18 bucks is a lot more attractive than 40 bucks. I know Kiss Me Deadly. I love Kiss Me Deadly. I can wait a few weeks....it's just not something that I'm used to.


It's good to fight against our society's impulse for instant gratification. Kudos to you.

On the other hand, what's twenty-two bucks in the face of eternity? Buy it.

22 bucks means I can buy the Criterion blu-ray of Naked along with it.


...

Point well made. Wait for it. ;)
I'm just a horse, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love me.
- Andrew Forbes
User avatar
JoshRode
City Attorney
 
Posts: 156
Joined: Sun May 22, 2011 5:13 pm

Re: Buying Thread June 2011

Postby Steve T Power » Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:52 am

Suckerpunch - Well now, that's a purdy tin.
Lord of the Rings: Extended Edition
As the ancient Tibetan philosophy states:"Don't start none... won't be none...".
User avatar
Steve T Power
Judge
 
Posts: 5351
Joined: Wed Sep 11, 2002 3:08 pm
Location: St. John's, Newfoundland, CA

Re: Buying Thread June 2011

Postby alexwagner » Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:34 am

Die Hard: With a Vengeance
The Book of Eli
Ninja Assassin
Blood Diamond
User avatar
alexwagner
Paralegal
 
Posts: 81
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2011 10:48 am

Re: Buying Thread June 2011

Postby Andrew Forbes » Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:52 am

I finally gave in and dropped the cash for The Prisoner (1967).
Formerly chamucamel
User avatar
Andrew Forbes
County Prosecutor
 
Posts: 2615
Joined: Mon Mar 01, 2004 9:43 am
Location: Edmonton, AB

Re: Buying Thread June 2011

Postby Jon Mercer » Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:42 pm

Sucker Punch - Complete with sexy bunny-mech steelbook
Lord of the Rings: Extended Edition - Now my wife and child will not see me for a week.
User avatar
Jon Mercer
County Attorney
 
Posts: 1203
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2004 10:41 am
Location: St. John's, NL

Re: Buying Thread June 2011

Postby hoytereden » Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:41 pm

Jon Mercer wrote:Sucker Punch - Complete with sexy bunny-mech steelbook.

Who has the steelbook? Target? Best Buy??

Anyway, Here's some stuff I got:
Deep End
The Shout
Summer With Monika
Dreams (Bergman)
Barbarella
Spirits of the Dead
The Iceman Cometh
Jour De Fete
Parade
Wonder Bar
The Barbarian
Searce For Beauty
The Life of Oharu
"You can lead a horse to water but a pencil must be lead"-Stan Laurel
Moe-"Were you scared?" Larry-"No, just apprehensive." Moe-"Apprehensive, that's a pretty big word.What's it mean?" Larry-"That's scared with a college education!"
User avatar
hoytereden
County Attorney
 
Posts: 1083
Joined: Wed Jun 11, 2003 5:24 pm
Location: The Big Island of Hawaii

Re: Buying Thread June 2011

Postby Jon Mercer » Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:22 am

hoytereden wrote:
Jon Mercer wrote:Sucker Punch - Complete with sexy bunny-mech steelbook.

Who has the steelbook? Target? Best Buy??

Best Buy and Future Shop I believe. I got mine at BB anyway.
User avatar
Jon Mercer
County Attorney
 
Posts: 1203
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2004 10:41 am
Location: St. John's, NL

Re: Buying Thread June 2011

Postby Steve T Power » Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:28 am

Got mine at Wal Mart.
As the ancient Tibetan philosophy states:"Don't start none... won't be none...".
User avatar
Steve T Power
Judge
 
Posts: 5351
Joined: Wed Sep 11, 2002 3:08 pm
Location: St. John's, Newfoundland, CA

Re: Buying Thread June 2011

Postby molly1216 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:48 am

i am being wasteful with my new paychecks...
African Queen deluxe set
Being Human 1-3
Wild West 1-2 (Uk series)
Futurama 5
Predators...I liked it..what can i say.
The Losers


I am using the iphone app to inventory my collection..i am in turn culling and buying new stuff...and in some strange occasions REBUYING stuff i sold but hadn't meant to. Such as Dead Like Me 1 & 2.
"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?" - Douglas Adams
User avatar
molly1216
County Prosecutor
 
Posts: 3501
Joined: Fri Jul 16, 2004 2:43 pm
Location: methuen, ma

Re: Buying Thread June 2011

Postby hoytereden » Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:16 pm

Jon Mercer wrote:
hoytereden wrote:
Jon Mercer wrote:Sucker Punch - Complete with sexy bunny-mech steelbook.

Who has the steelbook? Target? Best Buy??

Best Buy and Future Shop I believe. I got mine at BB anyway.

Damn! Neither one of those stores here. :( I'll check and see what Wal-mart has.
"You can lead a horse to water but a pencil must be lead"-Stan Laurel
Moe-"Were you scared?" Larry-"No, just apprehensive." Moe-"Apprehensive, that's a pretty big word.What's it mean?" Larry-"That's scared with a college education!"
User avatar
hoytereden
County Attorney
 
Posts: 1083
Joined: Wed Jun 11, 2003 5:24 pm
Location: The Big Island of Hawaii

Re: Buying Thread June 2011

Postby hoytereden » Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:58 pm

Jon Mercer wrote:Lord of the Rings: Extended Edition - Now my wife and child will not see me for a week.

What's your opinion of the green tint on FotR that seems to be the subject of much debate on various Blu-ray discussion boards?
"You can lead a horse to water but a pencil must be lead"-Stan Laurel
Moe-"Were you scared?" Larry-"No, just apprehensive." Moe-"Apprehensive, that's a pretty big word.What's it mean?" Larry-"That's scared with a college education!"
User avatar
hoytereden
County Attorney
 
Posts: 1083
Joined: Wed Jun 11, 2003 5:24 pm
Location: The Big Island of Hawaii

Re: Buying Thread June 2011

Postby Steve T Power » Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:20 pm

hoytereden wrote:
Jon Mercer wrote:Lord of the Rings: Extended Edition - Now my wife and child will not see me for a week.

What's your opinion of the green tint on FotR that seems to be the subject of much debate on various Blu-ray discussion boards?


I got about 45 minutes in before sleep took me, and was immensely pleased! Mind, I was content with the theatrical cut, and this one is vastly superior. GREAT picture in my mind.
As the ancient Tibetan philosophy states:"Don't start none... won't be none...".
User avatar
Steve T Power
Judge
 
Posts: 5351
Joined: Wed Sep 11, 2002 3:08 pm
Location: St. John's, Newfoundland, CA

Re: Buying Thread June 2011

Postby the5thghostbuster » Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:55 pm

Just ordered the following:

Tales From The Crypt: Season One
Tales From theCrypt Season Two
User avatar
the5thghostbuster
County Attorney
 
Posts: 1229
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2005 9:17 pm
Location: The Great Country of the North

Previous

Return to DVD

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

cron