Halloween catalog titles

The wonderful world of high-def

Halloween catalog titles

Postby Andrew Forbes » Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:29 pm

Lots and lots of notable catalog titles in the run-up to Halloween this year. I'm limited by the number of allowable URLs, so just refer to the monthly calendars for access to specific title details.

August
30th:
Torso
The 10th Victim
The Incredible Shrinking Man

(Also Blood Simple, Raising Arizona and Miller's Crossing on the non-scary front)

September
6th:
The Hills Have Eyes
Hellraiser II
The Crow

13th:
The Frighteners

20th:
Vamp
Dead Heat

27th:
A Nightmare on Elm Street 2 & 3
Basket Case
Mother's Day
The House by the Cemetary

October
4th:
Dark Night of the Scarecrow

11th:
The Bad Seed

25th:
Zombi 2
Formerly chamucamel
Andrew Forbes
County Prosecutor

Re: Halloween catalog titles

Postby Steve T Power » Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:24 pm

Blood Simple! Miller's Crossing! The Crow!!

My Wallet is weeping.
As the ancient Tibetan philosophy states:"Don't start none... won't be none...".
Steve T Power
Judge

Postby stypee » Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:21 pm

Which Torso? The Italian flick or that 80's thingy?

I guess it's the original Mother's Day? I hope Troma doesn't do the usual "toss a flick on Blu-Ray just to call it Blu-Ray treatment. Not that the movie is really all that warranted of anything anyway. I know that someone was shooting a remake awhile ago.. Did that ever make it out on DVD or limited release? I saw the poster awhile back, really awful.. looked like a Lifetime movie.
It's not as though I really need you, if you were here I'd only bleed you..
-jonathen michael stipe

stypee
City Prosecutor

Postby Andrew Forbes » Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:42 pm

And now Milestone films is preparing an early October release of the Lon Chaney Phantom of the Opera. Unfortunately, it looks as though only the 1929 edit will be in 1080p, with the original 1925 edit relegated to an SD transfer.
Formerly chamucamel
Andrew Forbes
County Prosecutor

Postby hoytereden » Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:08 pm

stypee wrote:Which Torso? The Italian flick or that 80's thingy?

I guess it's the original Mother's Day? I hope Troma doesn't do the usual "toss a flick on Blu-Ray just to call it Blu-Ray treatment. Not that the movie is really all that warranted of anything anyway. I know that someone was shooting a remake awhile ago.. Did that ever make it out on DVD or limited release? I saw the poster awhile back, really awful.. looked like a Lifetime movie.

The original Mother's Day was released on DVD a while back. Definetly not a Lifetime movie, although they did have a daily show on in the '80s called Mother's Day hosted by Joan Lunden back in her chubby days.
"You can lead a horse to water but a pencil must be lead"-Stan Laurel
Moe-"Were you scared?" Larry-"No, just apprehensive." Moe-"Apprehensive, that's a pretty big word.What's it mean?" Larry-"That's scared with a college education!"
hoytereden
County Attorney

Postby Dan Mancini » Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:54 am

I guess we're never going to get a Blu-ray release of Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter. Drag. I was looking forward to Crispin Glover dancing in high def.
Dan Mancini
Chief Prosecutor

Postby Andrew Forbes » Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:27 pm

And Horror Express on September 27th!
Formerly chamucamel
Andrew Forbes
County Prosecutor

Postby stypee » Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:57 am

Dan Mancini wrote:I guess we're never going to get a Blu-ray release of Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter. Drag. I was looking forward to Crispin Glover dancing in high def.

Girlfriend PA-LEASE!

We all know that the franchise will eventually get a BLU-RAY treatment. I just hope they don't screw the fans with barebones editions.

my love to you...
-jonathen michael stipe

stypee
City Prosecutor

Postby Andrew Forbes » Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:01 pm

Dressed to Kill on September 6th!
Formerly chamucamel
Andrew Forbes
County Prosecutor

Postby Dan Mancini » Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:59 pm

stypee wrote:
Dan Mancini wrote:I guess we're never going to get a Blu-ray release of Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter. Drag. I was looking forward to Crispin Glover dancing in high def.

Girlfriend PA-LEASE!

I'm going to ignore this and move on under the assumption that my life hasn't been turned into a garish Bravo reality TV series without my knowing it. If I'm wrong, my lawyer will cease-and-desist someone's ass.

stypee wrote:We all know that the franchise will eventually get a BLU-RAY treatment.

One would assume, but the first three movies in the series were released on BD throughout the first half of 2009. Since then, no releases, no announcements, no rumblings, no rumors, no skuttlebutt -- nada.

Granted, the entire series is crap, but I have a nostalgic fondness for the first four movies, so it'd be nice if Paramount would at least put out The Final Chapter before calling it quits.

stypee wrote:My love to you...

Thanks! 10 pts easy!
Dan Mancini
Chief Prosecutor

Postby Andrew Forbes » Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:28 am

A couple more:

September 13th, Halloween II.

September 27th, Mimic: Director's Cut. Del Toro has been quite vocal about studio interference and the compromised result, so this is fantastic news.
Formerly chamucamel
Andrew Forbes
County Prosecutor

Postby Gabriel Girard » Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:14 pm

Andrew Forbes wrote:September 27th, Mimic: Director's Cut. Del Toro has been quite vocal about studio interference and the compromised result, so this is fantastic news.

Awesome!!!
Gabriel Girard
County Attorney

Postby stypee » Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:02 pm

Dan:

You now I can't let things go and much stretch things out till it gets so annoying everyone hates me..

So in response for the 10PTS. you gave me for my love, I want you to know, I will NEVER stop loving you!

NOW:

I agree, ALL the Friday the 13th films are big piles of crap. Sadly, I have every single one and even more sadly, I have tragically double-dipped on many occasions because I do feel the same way you do, they bring back some sort of nostalgia. I'm 38 now and fondly remember getting all excited and jazzed up about the next sequel, salvating over the oversaturated Fangoria magazine coverage because there was no internet and that's how we rolled as young film junkies.

I didn't know they went as far as Part 3 on Blu-Ray with these fine productions, personally they should go the Criterion route.

Either way, my favorite in all the series is PART 6 JASON LIVES, I mean F13 with Alice Cooper on the soundtrack and Horeshack getting it in the first few minutes? How awesome was that? PART 6 JASON LIVES was also sprinkled with little quick nods my 14 year old ass would never understand. Did you catch that kid with a copy of "No Exit"?

Anyway, we can skip PART 5, burn it, urinate on it, whatever but I want me PART 6 and I want me an UBER EDITION! Show me the stuff they took out man!

and yes, Dan, my special love puppet, The Final Chapter was a delight! I mean Crispin Glover... DUDE!
-jonathen michael stipe

stypee
City Prosecutor

pque burn by james patrick kelly wmeoi

Postby alicedk » Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:38 pm

Appreciate the info, it’s good to know.
[u=http://www.airjordanbuy.com]air jordan shop[/u]
alicedk
Law Clerk

Postby stypee » Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:10 pm

I saw on the list, which I didn't notice before Zombi 2 is that Blu -Ray?

Also,

I made a reference to Mother's Day, I was making reference to the remake... I saw the poster for it awhile back, it's quite literally the worst poster I've ever seen for a movie, ever. It truly looks like an advert. for an upcoming Lifetime movie.
-jonathen michael stipe

stypee
City Prosecutor

Postby Andrew Forbes » Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:45 pm

stypee wrote:I saw on the list, which I didn't notice before Zombi 2 is that Blu -Ray?

Also,

I made a reference to Mother's Day, I was making reference to the remake... I saw the poster for it awhile back, it's quite literally the worst poster I've ever seen for a movie, ever. It truly looks like an advert. for an upcoming Lifetime movie.

Well... this is the Blu-ray forum. And I provided links to the release calendar, so I figured you could easily click and see that it was the 1980 Mother's Day. So...
Formerly chamucamel
Andrew Forbes
County Prosecutor

Return to Blu-ray