One From The Heart and a question regarding iTunes...

New or old, regardless of format, we love talking about movies and the people who make them

One From The Heart and a question regarding iTunes...

Postby stypee » Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:04 am

Every now and again I'll get the curiousty to see a movie I would normally have no interest at all in seeing..

For example, I am not a fan of the band Rush, I've tried honestly I have but I just can't get into their music. However, I was curious and watched their documentary and loved it...and still hate their music, my apology to hardcore Rush fans.

I'm probably one of the few people that will see a film, I have absolutely no interest in. It's my curiosity that gets me. I really don't have an answer as to why. I've watched many films in fact, simply because I wanted to maybe know what the big fuss was about. I want to see why it's either revered as being amazing or one of the worst pieces of poopy ever.

I'd like to see Heaven's Gate for example, I know I'd hate it, but visually, from what I've seen, I'd respect it.. Frankly, it's a movie I have had little desire to see but I want to see it anyway..

Thus comes One From the Heart. I've read the reviews and I don't think I've ever even seen even a single frame. I might have watched the trailer which I'm going to check out on youtube...

I don't have Netflix to rent the DVD, I only stream movies now, I also have the Hulu plus.. neither have it... I have money on my iTunes account and if I can get iTunes to work on my computer (Has anyone encountered this problem after the newest version? I downloaded it, it starts to load and stops in the middle? I'm using Windowz 7 on a very new computer... any ideas?) and maybe rent it. started after a friend of mine posted it's poster because he caught a rare screening of it in New York..

Should I plop the 7 bucks down on Amazon and buy a super cheap copy? I got PRIME and don't need to worry about the extra expense of shipping.

The double disc sounds cool, it gives you a tour of Zoetrope studios, I love that sort of thing...Makes me interested.

What are your thoughts? Is it worth seeking out?

[size=85]Oh, one other important question..[/size]

How the hell do I get iTunes to work? I've uninstalled it and reinstalled it and still, the shit don't work...
It's not as though I really need you, if you were here I'd only bleed you..
-jonathen michael stipe

stypee
City Prosecutor

Re: One From The Heart and a question regarding iTunes...

Postby JoshRode » Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:25 am

In my opinion, I wouldn't spend over $5 for any movie that I was just curious about. And I haven't had any problems with iTunes. Maybe your Windows 7 needs updated, since it's a new computer?
I'm just a horse, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love me.
- Andrew Forbes
JoshRode
City Attorney

Return to Movies