Mysteries solved here

Current or vintage, broadcast, internet, cable, or satellite

Mysteries solved here

Postby molly1216 » Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:03 pm

i watched so you don't have to ...
desperate for some hard sci fi, i am marathoning Star Trek:Enterprise

if you remember the DS9 episode Trials and Tribble-ations time travel episode (DS9 spliced with ST:OS Trouble with Tribbles)
Worf is asked about the lack of forhead ridges on the 'old style' klingons?
and his reply is ' we don't like to talk about it"

Mystery solved:
Season 4 Episodes 15 & 16 - the Klingons stole the genetic tech for 'super humans' (Khan) and used it to make their own 'Augmented' Klingons..
but it turned into a virus that a dissolved the brows and then killed the infected. Needless to say the Enterprise Doctor cured them but Millions of Klingons lost their brow ridges and it would be passed on to their heirs. I am assuming plastic surgery would be popular on Klingon Homeworld.

(BTW Dr Flox keeps a tribble...he feeds the resulting tribbles to one of his many pets)

Just learned that figured i'd share..i know you have been waiting for that answer for years..

anyone ever discover something similar?

Thanks
"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?" - Douglas Adams
molly1216
County Prosecutor

Re: Mysteries solved here

Postby mkiker2089 » Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:38 pm

Actually that's part of what frustrated me about Star Trek. I read somewhere that during the TOS time frame they purposefully sent the more human looking Klingons as a tactical move. Of course Enterprise shoots that one in the foot since

a- Enterpise has Klingons
b- TOS has Klingons that look human but they would have known about the other ones, hence no tactical advantage
c- if both have them then someone somewhere should have said "hey, they look different now, I wonder why"
d- certainly by the time of DS9 that mystery should have either been solved or so pervasive that no one would ever solve it yet all humans would know not to ask.

My point is that by giving in to the bean counters and trying to explain every plot hole and FX update they wrote themselves into a corner. If they had simply said something like "we decided to change the design, suck it" then everyone would have moved on. They did something similar with the second in command. T'Pol. They wanted her to be, and she should have been, the woman introduced during Amok Time. They were so afraid of bean counters however that they created a new character and weakened the story. Then they introduced her anyway and further damaged the story with the bean counters for reasons I can't be bothered to remember.

I grew up with Star Trek and I still watch Voyager relentlessly. I just wish they had made some different decisions. If Rodenberry and Nimoy had taken over then it would have been very different. Paramount did well by Trek until the last few movies but now it's all gone so horribly wrong somehow.
-Marshall-
Nun sacciu, nun vidi, nun ceru e si ceru durmiv.
I know nothing, I see nothing, I wasn't there,
and if I was there, I was asleep.
mkiker2089
County Attorney

Return to Television