My Top 3 Of 2011

Tackle the wild and wacky universe of video gaming with the Pixel Verdict team of Erich, Dave, Adam, Steve, Jon, and Tim.

My Top 3 Of 2011

Postby alexwagner » Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:05 am

3: Batman: Arkham City

2: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

1: Dead Space 2
alexwagner
Paralegal

Re: My Top 3 Of 2011

Postby Steve T Power » Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:55 am

Good choices all. Particularly like Dead space 2's presence.
As the ancient Tibetan philosophy states:"Don't start none... won't be none...".
Steve T Power
Judge

Postby alexwagner » Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:32 am

Dead Space 2 was my most replayed game this year. Just a fantastic SP and the best controls I've experienced in any 3rd person shooter. Released so early it's a shame it was forgotten about not surprising though considering how strong Q4 was. At the moment I'm really hankering for a new arcade racer. I'm cautiously optimistic with Namco's Ridge Racer Unbounded. It looks pretty good even though it's lifted a tonne from Split Second.
alexwagner
Paralegal

Postby mavrach » Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:48 am

Portal 2 - The single funniest game I've ever played. My wife has zero interest in gaming, but she made me hold off playing until she was around because she wanted to watch the whole thing.

I haven't heavily gamed in a few months, so I haven't checked out Arkham City or Uncharted 3 yet, but if they're as good as the reviews have said, and even if they match the originals, then they belong on the list too.

Dead Space 2 didn't click as well as the first one did. It was immersive and explanded on the first one. I particularly loved the level where you played through the docked ship from the first game. The gameplay itself felt so fluid that I lost some play control. I'll need to give this another runthrough too.
+1. this is very interesting.
mavrach
County Attorney

Location: North Jersey, at the end of a one-way dead-end road.

Return to Blast Processing!