R.I.P. Whitney Houston

New or old, regardless of format, we love talking about movies and the people who make them

R.I.P. Whitney Houston

Postby J.M. Vargas » Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:23 pm

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/wireStory/whitney-houston-superstar-records-films-dies-15565063. Not much of an actress but certainly a presence on movie soundtracks and tailor-made-for-her vehicles ("The Bodyguard," "Waiting to Exhale") as well as a pop-culture standout. :(
'You can't make chicken salad out of chicken s***'
J.M. Vargas
County Prosecutor

Re: R.I.P. Whitney Houston

Postby MovieAddict » Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:17 pm

As I logged on a few minutes ago, I noticed on Yahoo!'s front page a link to watch her memorial...Live!.

Geez...the woman wasnt allowed to live in peace, cant the greedy Hollywood grave robbers allow her to die in peace?
Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive...those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.
- C. S. Lewis
MovieAddict
City Attorney

Postby Andrew Forbes » Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:16 pm

MovieAddict wrote:Geez...the woman wasnt allowed to live in peace, cant the greedy Hollywood grave robbers allow her to die in peace?

She's dead. She doesn't care.
Formerly chamucamel
Andrew Forbes
County Prosecutor

Postby MovieAddict » Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:43 pm

Andrew Forbes wrote:
MovieAddict wrote:Geez...the woman wasnt allowed to live in peace, cant the greedy Hollywood grave robbers allow her to die in peace?

She's dead. She doesn't care.

True...

but I'm alive and it disgusts me.
Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive...those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.
- C. S. Lewis
MovieAddict
City Attorney

Return to Movies