GCB on ABC??

Current or vintage, broadcast, internet, cable, or satellite

GCB on ABC??

Postby MovieAddict » Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:13 am

Was reading about The Lorax on Yahoo and ABC was advertising GCB. Looks like a new show but looks terrible. First of the GCB advertisement shows the letters encrusted with diamonds and has a crucifix dangling from it. Then it leads into a romp of cleavage and sex addled behavior. Does ABC still hold a grudge against Texas for producing George Bush. Really the add looks like a personal assault on Christians and Texans. Now I haven’t seen the TV show so I could be totally off but in this day of political correctness extremism brought about by the main stream media...how can ABC create a show that is so blatantly bigoted?
Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive...those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.
- C. S. Lewis
MovieAddict
City Attorney

Re: GCB on ABC??

Postby Steve T Power » Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:19 am

Controversy!
As the ancient Tibetan philosophy states:"Don't start none... won't be none...".
Steve T Power
Judge

Postby Kenneth Morgan » Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:39 pm

Steve T Power wrote:Controversy!

That's probably the case; there's no such thing as bad publicity (as long as your sponsors don't pull out). Plus, they probably figure they need another "Desperate Housewives".
-30-
Kenneth Morgan
City Prosecutor

Postby mkiker2089 » Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:43 pm

There is bad publicity. I can't remember where I heard it but there are only two things that kill a politician's career. A dead girl or a live boy. I'm not sure what a dead boy would do to them.

The show is made for a specific crowd that will be titillated by it. It's third person gossip.
-Marshall-
Nun sacciu, nun vidi, nun ceru e si ceru durmiv.
I know nothing, I see nothing, I wasn't there,
and if I was there, I was asleep.
mkiker2089
County Attorney

Postby Dunnyman » Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:22 pm

Um, it's a soap opera? If you'd like to place blame for the title, blame the author of the book it's based on.
"I ain't a boy, no I'm a man, and I believe in the Promised Land"
-Coming to the USA on January 20, 2009!
Dunnyman
County Attorney

Postby MovieAddict » Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:45 pm

Dunnyman wrote:Um, it's a soap opera? If you'd like to place blame for the title, blame the author of the book it's based on.

I actually wrote my post before I googled GCB.

I'm just a yokel and was not aware of the book. I was simply blown away by the lewd hateful advertising for the show. The network Its being trying to appear as cute and irreverent but not can be fooled, it’s clearly intentionally spiteful.

I haven’t read the book so I don’t know if that was the author’s intent and frankly it doesn’t matter. The author has the right to write what he wants but doesn’t mean a book should be transformed to a TV show. Even a troglodyte like me understands there is a difference between the two mediums. I expect some semblance of taste and decency on the major networks during prime time.

Consider how a talk show host is being pilloried from all media outlets for rude inappropriate comments (and indeed they were rude and inappropriate) but this drek gets nary a peep. We either stand against foul media behavior or we don’t. I’m not sure which is worse, the dung the Networks are shoveling on us or their utterly reprehensible selective persecution.
Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive...those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.
- C. S. Lewis
MovieAddict
City Attorney

Postby Ptolemy » Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:16 am

I read an article yesterday by one of Bush's old advisers who pointed out some good reasons why LImbaugh calling someone names is different than anyone of the 'left' saying something similar. Don't know if it was one of the advisers that turned on Bush and wrote a book.

Regardless, you have a good point. I will not watch GCB.
Elvis Presley was a model citizen. I've compiled a list of his traits for you to practice. Number one...is dancing!
Ptolemy
City Attorney

Postby Bryan Pope » Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:46 am

Hey, I'm both a Texan and a Christian, and this show still looked like good, trashy fun. No offense taken here.
Agnes, it's me...Billy.
Bryan Pope
Judge

Postby mkiker2089 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:49 am

Just my two cents but I agree that the system is prejudiced against certain issues. If a celebrity has an opinion for example. Remember how angry people got for Hank Williams Jr. for his opinions. They then removed his song from the football games and allowed someone representing ESPN disparage his singing ability. For one I don't care how he feels it doesn't affect football or his song. Secondly he gave an honest (but misguided perhaps) opinion and now the network was name calling which isn't honest or even a valid opinion.

Rant over. I neither will watch GCB but there never was any uncertainty of it. I watch House, Bones, Castle, Modern Family, and that's it. The original title and the stupid changes lost me alone. I got tired of abbreviations with CSI.
-Marshall-
Nun sacciu, nun vidi, nun ceru e si ceru durmiv.
I know nothing, I see nothing, I wasn't there,
and if I was there, I was asleep.
mkiker2089
County Attorney

Postby HopHead1985 » Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:12 pm

It was pretty stupid...but they cancelled it so....eh.
HopHead1985
Law Clerk

Postby cdouglas » Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:03 am

HopHead1985 wrote:It was pretty stupid...but they cancelled it so....eh.

Truly a fitting epitaph.
cdouglas
Judge

Return to Television