2012-2013 TV Season

Current or vintage, broadcast, internet, cable, or satellite

2012-2013 TV Season

Postby Dunnyman » Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:55 pm

What are you looking forward to returning?
New shows?
So far, Grimm is back in fine form, and holy shite, Downton Abbey is back and off to a roaring good start with Shirley MacLaine going head-to-head with Maggie Smith! I'll call the first round a draw, but we'll see who wins in the end.
"I ain't a boy, no I'm a man, and I believe in the Promised Land"
-Coming to the USA on January 20, 2009!
Dunnyman
County Attorney

Re: 2012-2013 TV Season

Postby Mach6 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:40 pm

It’s hard for me to get excited about what’s on the “big prime time” networks anymore. Most of the shows I really follow are already halfway through their seasons or start several months’ from now on basic cable (Covert Affairs, Burn Notice, & Justified) or on the premium movie channels (Boardwalk Empire & Strike Back).
I always look forward to South Park to see what person or fad that Matt & Trey will just take a piss on next. Just when I thought Matt & Trey were losing their touch this season, they came up with that hilarious "ButterBalls" ep where they take on the Bully documentary controversy. NCIS L.A. has grown on me & I wonder what consequences Callen is going to face after he disobeyed orders & killed Christopher Lambert’s terrorist leader in front of several TV news cameras in last season’s finale. Castle finally ended the will they or won’t they hook up with Beckett & Castle & I fear the show will only go downhill from there.
The only new shows on the big networks that I might give a shot are Vegas & Arrow. I’ll only watch Vegas due to Michael Chiklis, who I will forever worship for his incredible work on The Shield. As for Arrow, I like how the CW remade Smallville into a Superman-lite action show in its’ last few seasons, so I can hope for the same quality. However, if Arrow is only going to be about the 99% vs. the evil 1% rich people (except for Arrow/Oliver Queen who is the only good billionaire in the world, of course) then count me out.
Mach6
City Attorney

Re: 2012-2013 TV Season

Postby Polynikes » Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:59 pm

Don't know what makes it to different parts of the world, but the BBC's production of Ford Madox Ford's Parade's End has been excellent. Those who love a bit of upper-class soap will be pleased to see a third series of Downtown Abbey back on the screen.

Any other countries do a home version of Only Connect (niche audience/cult quiz on BBC Four, well scheduled to follow University Challenge on BBC Two)?
Polynikes
City Attorney

Return to Television