Friday Filibuster 12.21.12

We welcome your questions, comments, and suggestions on any of the Verdict sites

Friday Filibuster 12.21.12

Postby tucco » Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:39 am

Totally agree about The Hobbit...it was absolutely great and I am baffled by the negative reviews it has gotten.
None of the padding seemed superfluous, the movie was entertaining from start to finish. I already am sure i like it better than Fellowship of the Rings. I love that movie very much but I just the that The Hobbit was actually more entertaining.
The charges that the humor didn't work baffle me as well. They don't lay it on to thick and it totally works, in an English light humor type of way. (The goblin king is a good example).
I too, did not want the movie to end. The reviewers who said it was unbearably long must not have seen the same movie...I thought the racing from one adventure to another was exactly what the flow of the story is supposed to be: they engage some interesting characters, then mosey on to the next skirmish.
Loved it a lot ....and totally agree that it did not deserve the bad reviews....after all it captured the tone of the book maybe more for me than the Rings trilogy......can't wait for the next installment, but wish it was only two movies, not three.
"See no evil, Speak no evil, Hear no evil, have no Fun"
tucco
County Attorney

Re: Friday Filibuster 12.21.12

Postby Dave Johnson » Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:00 am

Excellent. You are, of course, correct. I've seen it again since then and love it even more. I try to see things from different vantage points, but am honestly confounded by the amount of negativity surrounding THE HOBBIT.

As such, I have decided to label the naysayers as Communists. Any objection?
Dave Johnson
Judge

Postby tucco » Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:59 am

No objections here!
Yes, the more I think about it the more unfair the charges against the movie seem to be.
"See no evil, Speak no evil, Hear no evil, have no Fun"
tucco
County Attorney

Postby Steve T Power » Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:55 pm

What really confounds me is the two most common critiques i've seen: A: It's not faithful enough to the book, B: The first hour n change is too slow...

So you're complaining about faithful adaptations and then bitching about the most faithful part of the film... uhhhhh...
As the ancient Tibetan philosophy states:"Don't start none... won't be none...".
Steve T Power
Judge

Return to Verdict Feedback