Paul Schrder's Good, Bad and Ugly!

Join Steve, Jon, Gabriel, and Andrew as they deconstruct a new filmmaker's body of work each and every week, as only high-falootin' Canadians can.

Paul Schrder's Good, Bad and Ugly!

Postby Gabriel Girard » Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:27 am

So much guilt!
Gabriel Girard
County Attorney

Re: Paul Schrder's Good, Bad and Ugly!

Postby J.M. Vargas » Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:52 pm

Wish you guys had made an exception and ranked (or made a special mention besides his directorial efforts) of good/bad/ugly scripts for the movies written but not directed by Schrader. I've always thought of Schrader as a writer that happens to also direct but, primarily, is a writer. A quickie recap of his good/bad/ugly movies that he only wrote would have helped.

Great show even though I have to admit to having a weakness for "Cat People" and being a sad panda that it was universally panned by the canuck council. I really came out of listening to the podcasting wishing to see "Adam Resurrected," "The Walker," "Light Sleeper" and "Forever Mine" (sorry). 8)
'You can't make chicken salad out of chicken s***'
J.M. Vargas
County Prosecutor

Re: Paul Schrder's Good, Bad and Ugly!

Postby Gabriel Girard » Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:07 am

J.M. Vargas wrote:Wish you guys had made an exception and ranked (or made a special mention besides his directorial efforts) of good/bad/ugly scripts for the movies written but not directed by Schrader. I've always thought of Schrader as a writer that happens to also direct but, primarily, is a writer. A quickie recap of his good/bad/ugly movies that he only wrote would have helped.

Great show even though I have to admit to having a weakness for "Cat People" and being a sad panda that it was universally panned by the canuck council. I really came out of listening to the podcasting wishing to see "Adam Resurrected," "The Walker," "Light Sleeper" and "Forever Mine" (sorry). 8)

I've only seen ''Obsession'' , ''The Mosquito Coast'' and the Scorsese flicks he wrote ( no ''The Yakuza'' yet, sorry Andrew) so I can't really rank them yet. Being an MST3K fan I'm sure you'll get a kick out of ''Forever Mine''... I rather enjoy Cat People too it's got a great look, loads of atmosphere and copious amounts of naked Natassja Kinski; too bad the script and the editing kinda suck.
Gabriel Girard
County Attorney

Return to They Came From the North