John Ford's Good, Bad and Ugly!

Join Steve, Jon, Gabriel, and Andrew as they deconstruct a new filmmaker's body of work each and every week, as only high-falootin' Canadians can.

John Ford's Good, Bad and Ugly!

Postby Gabriel Girard » Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:20 am

Gabriel Girard
County Attorney

Re: John Ford's Good, Bad and Ugly!

Postby J.M. Vargas » Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:26 pm

Great show gents, as always. Have to confess that i haven't kept up with enough Fords to do an honest GBU list of my own (and I have unwrapped high-definition copies of "Stagecoach" and "The Searchers" on my kevyip pile) but I was able to keep up and the conversation and feel I got the picks straight in my head ("Mogambo" and "The Informer" are must-see, "Searchers" and "Liberty Valance" are to be avoided, right? RIGHT?!?! ;-) :D) Keep doin' what you're doin'.
'You can't make chicken salad out of chicken s***'
J.M. Vargas
County Prosecutor

Re: John Ford's Good, Bad and Ugly!

Postby Gabriel Girard » Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:41 pm

J.M. Vargas wrote:Great show gents, as always. Have to confess that i haven't kept up with enough Fords to do an honest GBU list of my own (and I have unwrapped high-definition copies of "Stagecoach" and "The Searchers" on my kevyip pile) but I was able to keep up and the conversation and feel I got the picks straight in my head ("Mogambo" and "The Informer" are must-see, "Searchers" and "Liberty Valance" are to be avoided, right? RIGHT?!?! ;-) :D) Keep doin' what you're doin'.

Thanks Vargas! Truth be told I only managed to see 6 of Ford's flicks before the podcast (Stagecoach,Young Mr. Lincoln, Grapes Of Wrath, The Informer, How Green Was My Valley, Drums Along The Mohawk) and still managed a GBU. I think I still came out good too. ;-)
Gabriel Girard
County Attorney

Return to They Came From the North