BBC Video // 2002 // 473 Minutes // Not Rated
Reviewed by Judge David Johnson // May 17th, 2013
The odd couple, solvin' murders.
Here's the seventh season of BBC's long-running crime procedural Dalziel & Pascoe, a show about the mismatched investigating duo of Andy Dalziel (Warren Clarke) and his partner Peter Pascoe (Colin Buchanan) as they endeavor to unravel a series of mysteries, while also defusing their personal dramas.
Two discs, featuring five feature-length mysteries (the last one is a two-parter).
* "The Unwanted" -- Pascoe returns home and gets embroiled in a murder.
* "Men's Sana" -- A body turns up with an initial diagnosis of a heart attack, but Pascoe thinks there's more to it. Meanwhile, Dalziel recuperates from a heart attack.
* "Sins of the Father" -- Unnerving secrets bubble up during the investigations of a dead priest.
* "For Love Nor Money" -- A man is found dead on a golf course, whacked in the head with a club. Dalziel and Pascoe follow the money.
* "Dialogues of the Dead Part 1 and 2" -- The boys are on the tail of a serial killer who is stringing together relics from his diabolical escapedes by submitting entries to a writing contest after each murder.
The DVD: standard def 1.78:1 anamorphic widescreen, Dolby 2.0 Stereo mix, and no extras.
Dalziel & Pascoe remains an absorbing procedural, anchored by its headliners. Dalziel and Pascoe are the engine, as episodes supplement their investigative adventures with edgy personal drama. Clarke and Buchana inject dynamism into their roles, making for a fun juxtaposition of the old school and the new school.
Review content copyright © 2013 David Johnson; Site layout and review format copyright © 1998 - 2015 HipClick Designs LLC
Scales of Justice
Studio: BBC Video
* 1.78:1 Anamorphic
* Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo (English)
* English (SDH)
Running Time: 473 Minutes
Release Year: 2002
MPAA Rating: Not Rated