Nickelodeon // 2009 // 107 Minutes // Not Rated
Reviewed by Judge David Johnson // September 4th, 2011
Olivia is a gentle young female pig who is part of a nice pig family. She gets into a series of misadventures, but really "misadventures" is too strong a word. Olivia gets into a series of "feathery shenanigans." With Princess for a Day you get a collection eight, 12-minute episodes, headlined by the disc's namesake:
* "Princess for a Day" (double-length episode) -- Olivia meets a princess who looks just like her and the two decide to switch places. Trust me, it's not that awesome because all pigs look alike.
* "Olivia's Tip Top Tapper" -- Disaster strikes before Olivia's tap dance recital.
* "Olivia's Old West Treasure Hunt" -- Olivia looks for treasure in an Old West town.
* "Olivia Becomes a Chef" -- Olivia cooks a surprise birthday meal.
* "Olivia Plays Hotel" -- Ghosts may be haunting Olivia's pretend hotel. Or it's her annoying brother.
* "Olivia's Fashion Show" -- Olivia wants to put on an awesome fashion show, but the models are annoying her.
* "Olivia Goes International" -- Olivia invents her own country.
Olivia is a nice show, charmingly staged, beautifully animated, and perfectly innocuous. Parents, you can rest easy that your kids are spending a bit of time with this sweet character.
Full frame, 2.0 stereo and bonus episode "Olivia Plans a Tea Party" as an extra.
Review content copyright © 2011 David Johnson; Site layout and review format copyright © 1998 - 2014 HipClick Designs LLC
Scales of Justice
* Full Frame
* Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo (English)
* English (CC)
Running Time: 107 Minutes
Release Year: 2009
MPAA Rating: Not Rated
* Bonus Episode