When it comes to biting his nails, Judge Franck Tabouring is a champion. He knows it's nothing to be proud of.
Our reviews of WWE: Night of Champions 2008 (published August 13th, 2008), WWE: Night of Champions 2010 (published November 27th, 2010), and WWE: Night of Champions 2011 (published December 4th, 2011) are also available.
Every Championship Defended!
WWE: Night of Champions is the only pay-per-view during which every title is on the line, and this time around, WWE's most popular superstars face their fiercest competitors as Jeff Hardy battles CM Punk and Randy Orton shares the ring with Triple H and John Cena. Here's the complete line-up of the eight-match event:
• Ted DiBiase & Cody Rhodes vs. Chris Jericho & A Mystery
Partner in a Unified Tag Team Championship Match
• Tommy Dreamer vs. Christian in a ECW Championship Match
• Kofi Kingston vs. Primo vs. MVP vs. Carlito vs. Jack Swagger
vs. The Miz in a Six-Pack Challenge for the U.S. Championship
• Michelle McCool vs. Melina in a Women's Championship Match
• John Cena vs. Triple H vs. Randy Orton in a WWE Championship
• Maryse vs. Mickie James in a Divas Championship Match
• Rey Mysterio vs. Dolph Ziggler in an Intercontinental
• CM Punk vs. Jeff Hardy in a World Heavyweight Championship
As usual, WWE delivers a decent full-frame presentation. The picture quality is clean enough for this kind of television sports event, and the audio transfer, though only of minor importance, works just as well. The disc also includes a Spanish commentary track.
The bonus material doesn't have much to offer, unfortunately. The only thing you get to see here is a lame backstage interview between Josh Mathews and the loser of the World Heavyweight Championship Match. Don't even bother checking it out, because it's really not worth it.
All in all, WWE: Night of Champions 2009 is a passable WWE pay-per-view. Most matches are entertaining to watch, and despite one or two failures, this is a remarkably solid event.
Give us your feedback!
What's "fair"? Whether positive or negative, our reviews should be unbiased, informative, and critique the material on its own merits.
Scales of Justice
• Backstage Interview
Review content copyright © 2009 Franck Tabouring; Site design and review layout copyright © 2015 Verdict Partners LLC. All rights reserved.