Judge David Johnson has nothing smarmy to say about this nice little pig.
Olivia is a gentle young female pig who is part of a nice pig family. She gets into a series of misadventures, but really "misadventures" is too strong a word. Olivia gets into a series of "feathery shenanigans." With Princess for a Day you get a collection eight, 12-minute episodes, headlined by the disc's namesake:
• "Princess for a Day" (double-length episode)—Olivia meets a princess who looks just like her and the two decide to switch places. Trust me, it's not that awesome because all pigs look alike.
• "Olivia's Tip Top Tapper"—Disaster strikes before Olivia's tap dance recital.
• "Olivia's Old West Treasure Hunt"—Olivia looks for treasure in an Old West town.
• "Olivia Becomes a Chef"—Olivia cooks a surprise birthday meal.
• "Olivia Plays Hotel"—Ghosts may be haunting Olivia's pretend hotel. Or it's her annoying brother.
• "Olivia's Fashion Show"—Olivia wants to put on an awesome fashion show, but the models are annoying her.
• "Olivia Goes International"—Olivia invents her own country.
Olivia is a nice show, charmingly staged, beautifully animated, and perfectly innocuous. Parents, you can rest easy that your kids are spending a bit of time with this sweet character.
Full frame, 2.0 stereo and bonus episode "Olivia Plans a Tea Party" as an extra.
Give us your feedback!
Other Reviews You Might Enjoy
Scales of Justice
• Bonus Episode
Review content copyright © 2011 David Johnson; Site design and review layout copyright © 2016 Verdict Partners LLC. All rights reserved.