Judge David Johnson has nothing smarmy to say about this nice little pig.
Olivia is a gentle young female pig who is part of a nice pig family. She gets into a series of misadventures, but really "misadventures" is too strong a word. Olivia gets into a series of "feathery shenanigans." With Princess for a Day you get a collection eight, 12-minute episodes, headlined by the disc's namesake:
• "Princess for a Day" (double-length episode)—Olivia meets a princess who looks just like her and the two decide to switch places. Trust me, it's not that awesome because all pigs look alike.
• "Olivia's Tip Top Tapper"—Disaster strikes before Olivia's tap dance recital.
• "Olivia's Old West Treasure Hunt"—Olivia looks for treasure in an Old West town.
• "Olivia Becomes a Chef"—Olivia cooks a surprise birthday meal.
• "Olivia Plays Hotel"—Ghosts may be haunting Olivia's pretend hotel. Or it's her annoying brother.
• "Olivia's Fashion Show"—Olivia wants to put on an awesome fashion show, but the models are annoying her.
• "Olivia Goes International"—Olivia invents her own country.
Olivia is a nice show, charmingly staged, beautifully animated, and perfectly innocuous. Parents, you can rest easy that your kids are spending a bit of time with this sweet character.
Full frame, 2.0 stereo and bonus episode "Olivia Plans a Tea Party" as an extra.
Give us your feedback!
What's "fair"? Whether positive or negative, our reviews should be unbiased, informative, and critique the material on its own merits.
Other Reviews You Might Enjoy
• Jeopardy!: An Inside Look At America's Favorite Quiz Show
Scales of Justice
• Bonus Episode
Review content copyright © 2011 David Johnson; Site design and review layout copyright © 2014 Verdict Partners LLC. All rights reserved.